Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Product of an Aimless walk


Went of a short walk yesterday, ostensibly to see if the two Threshers near me have reopened as off licenses (nope). In the course of the hour or so walk I took in two Gormley statues in the Water of Leith. I also got caught in two short, but very sharp, showers. During the second, I sheltered under a road bridge over the Golden Acre path with two of the most beautiful dogs I’ve seen, a husky and a small, sandy-gold thing with a curled up tale which suggests an Arctic dog.

During the first, which caught me while I was trying to take a photo of Gormley no. 2 at Powder Hall, I sheltered under a less than useful tree watching a grey heron fishing, with the Gormley still in sight and cars thundering past up Warriston Road. Shame they missed the elegance of the heron, the light over the water and the faint rainbow which travelled on the edge of the shower.


Despite the ferocity of the showers, I dried off quite quickly and continued on my way. Just wish I had my cat’s intelligence for finding the right tree to shelter under.

No comments:

Post a Comment